Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DotA Screenshots and stuff

Got Skills

DotA Screenshots and stuff

Welp. Post those scoreboard.jpgs for the -best- moba currently playable.

I just spent an hour and a half of my life with my 5 stack vs some randoms kids 5 stack and we had our worst player decide to play gondar.... He was doing real dumb shit and if me or the other support had played the carry we woulda won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkice View Post
    If you people are going to bitch about random shotgun deaths then obviously you're not as good as you think.

Ultimate Killer
    played against a Danish pro and got predictably stomped

Ultimate Hax0r
    Is DotA like LoL?

I know DotA was before LoL but I've only played LoL.

So if its similar to it, I might try giving the game a shot.

Ultimate Hax0r
    is this still in BeTA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-AiD View Post
    Is DotA like LoL?

I know DotA was before LoL but I've only played LoL.

So if its similar to it, I might try giving the game a shot.
    DoTA2 is probably more similar to HoN than LoL
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyBasic View Post
    I love fun dicks

Ultimate Hax0r
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    is this still in BeTA?

DoTA2 is probably more similar to HoN than LoL
    I haven't played HoN neither. Just one of those LoLfags. :3

Ultimate Hax0r
    I haven't played HoN neither. Just one of those LoLfags. :3
    well, laning is more complicated because you can deny(kill your own) creeps so your opponent doesn't get any gold and gets less experience. you can do the same thing with towers.
    When you die, you lose gold and time(cause ur dead) but it's super unforgiving if you die a lot because not only do you lose A LOT of gold, the heros tend to steamroll a lot better, and unlike LoL, where a fed champ can't take on an entire team, in HoN and DoTA, a fed champ can take on most of a team, depending on circumstances obviously. There is more, but that is the jist of it i believe.
    few more things:
    there isn't a port[ "b" hotkey] back to town, you have to buy a courier pet to run stuff to you(it can die and you will lose ur items) or you have to run all the way back. there aren't lizard/golem buffs. items are far more complicated, the trees and stuff can be destroyed/run through. no summoner spells, no mastiers, no rune pages.
    instead of AP/AD and armor and all that jazz, there is just int(mage) str(tank) and agi(ad carry, str can be too,) and 4 lvls of reg spells instead of 5, the rest are just +2 to each stat till you hit 25, dodge is a stat(LoL took that away) and blah.
    just a lot of minor but important differences
    Last edited by Snowblind; 02-02-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    I love fun dicks

Ultimate Hax0r
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    well, laning is more complicated because you can deny(kill your own) creeps so your opponent doesn't get any gold and gets less experience. you can do the same thing with towers.
    When you die, you lose gold and time(cause ur dead) but it's super unforgiving if you die a lot because not only do you lose A LOT of gold, the heros tend to steamroll a lot better, and unlike LoL, where a fed champ can't take on an entire team, in HoN and DoTA, a fed champ can take on most of a team, depending on circumstances obviously. There is more, but that is the jist of it i believe.
    few more things:
    there isn't a port[ "b" hotkey] back to town, you have to buy a courier pet to run stuff to you(it can die and you will lose ur items) or you have to run all the way back. there aren't lizard/golem buffs. items are far more complicated, the trees and stuff can be destroyed/run through. no summoner spells, no mastiers, no rune pages.
    instead of AP/AD and armor and all that jazz, there is just int(mage) str(tank) and agi(ad carry, str can be too,) and 4 lvls of reg spells instead of 5, the rest are just +2 to each stat till you hit 25, dodge is a stat(LoL took that away) and blah.
    just a lot of minor but important differences
    That seems too serious for me.

Maybe once I get good in LoL, I'll dabble in Dota.... But not until I can stop making LoLpeeps rage at me.

Ultimate Hax0r

Maybe once I get good in LoL, I'll dabble in Dota.... But not until I can stop making LoLpeeps rage at me.
    That's some wishful thinking you have there. Your teammates will always rage no matter what MOBA game you play

^^Thanks infiniteloop^^

I don't know how to put this, but... I'm kind of a big deal.

Ultimate Killer
    I don't think getting good at LoL will effect how well you play Dota 2. While the game play is similar, I believe Dota 2 is much more challenging. That actually has a bit to do with why I don't play it much because I'm not good at all!

Ultimate Killer

I'm rusty with ursa, couldn't do my standard 12 minute kongor kill

Ultimate Hax0r

Kool-aid, I would recommend checking it out yourself because Snowblind's attempt at an explanation was severely lacking and flawed.

the only way to really experience dota is to play it
    i got a guest key from eroqa and we played a few times and i fucking sucked

the key is to find a hero that you like the style of and that is easy and to use that hero to learn the game first, just as if you were starting off on league
    learn to deny, learn the map, start learning what other heroes do, learn some of the items, etc etc
    just learn, don't worry about being bad. if you're really concerned about that try and queue with friends, because soloqueue dota 2 is more unforgiving in shittalk because there is a mic system, haha

basically it took me a while in dota 2 to even be able to kill anyone, and after that you keep learning. some easy heroes to start out with are -

sniper - a lot like caitlyn from lol, except more powerful endgame and his ult does a fuckton of damage
    skeleton king - click stun, big crits, lifesteal, and his ult makes him never die ever if its up. imagine if tryndamere had a stun and his ult was a passive and made him come back to life when he died.
    sven - click stun, very powerful melee carry and his ult makes him mad tanky
    anti mage - a little harder than the aforementioned three but he is very powerful
    drow ranger - powerful ranged carry with a slow and silence
    to some extent, ursa is also an easy character to play.

stay away from (if new):
    pudge
    puck
    clockwerk
    storm spirit
    INVOKER

edit: also, i don't know everything about dota 2, not even fucking close
    but this is just my experience being newer to the game
    not trying to sound like the

GURU

here. i'm still learning a lot about the game.
    laps, so many laps

Ultimate Killer
    i know a lot about dota/dota2
    message me if you have questions

Ultimate Hax0r
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroqa View Post
    i know a lot about dota/dota2
    message me if you have questions
    QFT
    i'd trust Eroqa.
    my post was based on my experiences playing DoTA from 03-09ish
    but i believe i had the jist of it, probably not explained very well though
    personally, I'd start playing HoN(it's free) as it is a clone of DoTA and you'll learn so when DoTA2 hits, you can jump right in, so to speak
    I love fun dicks

Ultimate Killer
    if you are new to dota, I'd play a lot of Lich, Venomancer, Lion, Shadow Shaman, Zeus, Viper, Warlock. All those heroes are pretty easy to play and also are good support and gank heroes. One thing you should never do is random because if you get a carry or a hard hero then suck with it, your team will probably lose. You should also get/use a MIC and tell people in the beginning that you suck and hope that they help you. Carry TP scrolls, place wards/counter wards and call missing and you'll have a 50% win rate. Also I would not play HoN because it's becoming less and less like DotA with each of their patches. Watching VODs and streams would be best thing to do at this point.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 02-03-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Ultimate Hax0r
    I have to level with you... That's a boring ass HUD. They need to spice it up a little.

Ultimate Killer
    I have to level with you... That's a boring ass HUD. They need to spice it up a little.
    Truth. But it is a Beta, so who knows what they'll change and what they might allow for customization for the hud. Hopefully it'll be similar to LoL where you can disable the pointless bars between everything.

the hud doesn't need spice, it's simple and elegant
    huds aren't supposed to be crazily decorated and shit

i just wish you could shrink the fucking thing because it's enormous
    laps, so many laps

Ultimate Hax0r
    I don't want an obscene amount of stuff, just something to fill the empty space to make it more pleasing to the eye.

An empty house will never look as good as one with nice furniture. But since it's beta I give it a bit of a break.

You're right, the HUD is giant.

Got Skills

carried two nub friends with zeus. 2ez

here's my pretty shitty stats:

I had a much higher w/l but three friends who played wc3 dota like 6 years ago but were/are still bad got into the beta. Been queueing a lot with 4+ and having two of them being bad kinda hurts the w/l ratio.

edit: Holy shit I just played the msot fun dota game in a looooooong time.

they went super push heavy and they took our top/mid racks without us getting a single tower. We proceeded to stop like 8 pushes in a row and slowly gain enough shit to finally push out and win the game. Epic fucking game.
    Last edited by Walt; 02-05-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    If you people are going to bitch about random shotgun deaths then obviously you're not as good as you think.

Thread Information