as some of you might already know, dustbowl is back. :) i know a lot of people have a lot of questions, so i'll answer what i can.
Q: is there a short url for this faq page?
A: yep. http://tinyurl.com/dbisback
Q: what's the ip?
Q: how do i help support dustbowl?
A: three ways, and all three are very important.
1) the age-old method: money. be sure to scroll down and sign up through the dustbowl donation section if you want to make sure that the powers that be know that you love db. note that supporting dustbowl makes you a sf sub too, so congrats on supporting a great community!
2) invite your friends. short and simple, we need bodies in this server for more than the first few weeks. besides, converting friends is always win. :D
3) the most critical part for a new server: ya gotta play on it. we need the dustbowl community's help to fill the server and to make sure it stays populated. we even have a group specifically for this purpose, so get your butt in there, pronto!
Q: what kinds of server settings are we getting?
A: we are keeping most of the settings from our original dustbowl server with one fairly large exception: we are now a 24+2 server instead of 30+. this is for several reasons, the two largest of which are money and getting a new server off the ground. let's see how it goes and go from there.
- we still have the 2 engineer and 3 pyro limit.
- we are still fast respawn (8 seconds) instead of default spawn.
- you will get any and all sf sub benefits if you donate to dustbowl.
- you like lifetime stats? we bought it. now go sub to pay for it!
Q: who will administrate the server?
A: this is an official stompfest server, so stompfest will handle it just like they do their other servers.
Q: how do i report hackers, griefers, and spammers?
A: find an admin from the stompfest group (admins have
in their name) and let them know what's going on, just like you would on any sf server, or make a post on the tf2 server forum, which will lead to an investigation.