Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TF2 Item Values

Ultimate Hax0r

TF2 Item Values

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CJeOguEN#gid=6

Here's a spreadsheet that pretty much shows the values of the items in TF2. Just for the people that are wondering how much their items are worth.

THANKS FOR SHOWING ME THIS, CYBERIA! XD
    Last edited by Rage2747; 11-29-2010 at 07:33 AM.

The
    RAGE is Coming...

^^ Thanks Frodo!

now i know why rage is so damn good, i could too with a ping of 5!!!

Retired
    this chart, is literally, everything that is wrong with tf2.....rolled into one horribly done spread-sheet. instead of stickied, it should be burned.
    loop was here

Ultimate Hax0r
    Yes elemental, I agree with you. Trading is taking over TF2. But I still think it is a good tool for people that are new to trading and want to know the value of their items. I thought it would be a good idea for when you think people are asking too much or too little for something, you can refer to this spreadsheet to see if you can get a good deal or a bad deal.

The
    RAGE is Coming...

^^ Thanks Frodo!

Ultimate Hax0r
    Stuck'd. Very useful! Thanks Ra- Cyberia.
    Last edited by Claes; 11-28-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    Claes

TF2-Trade Mod
    Rage stole it from one of my posts!
    Credit I demand it :P

Ultimate Hax0r
    Why should we follow that chart? TF2 isn't a supply and demand system since literally anyone can be the supply or demand. People value different items at different values, everything is subjective. Just because someone sticks a price to something doesn't make it worth it.

Ex: I could go get an old brick and try to sell it for 10 new bricks.

Which is effectively what this chart is implying. I set the supply, demand, and price: you follow.

Thanks Loop!
    http://www.stompfest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20041
    ^Revive Adventure Time. I can only post new stuff with suggestion/commands.

TF2-Trade Mod
    I think of it good to use as a guideline to get an idea what people expect for their item

plus this note on the spreadsheet should be Looked at as well
    REMEMBER: VALUE IS SUBJECTIVE, THIS IS NO WAY DEFINITIVE OF WHAT PRICES SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT BE.

Nooblette Killer
    This was useful before it was required to sign up to view/edit it.

Ultimate Hax0r
    Quote Originally Posted by numby View Post
    This was useful before it was required to sign up to view/edit it.
    lol what do you mean by view it?
    click the link... there's the spreadsheet!

The
    RAGE is Coming...

^^ Thanks Frodo!

Nooblette Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage2747 View Post
    lol what do you mean by view it?
    click the link... there's the spreadsheet!
    I clicked it and it told me that I need to be authorized to go to the page. I applied and they eventually let me in, but I was not able to view it before they allowed it.

Originally you could view it without being registered/allowed.

Ultimate Hax0r
    That's weird, numby. Didn't do that for me

The
    RAGE is Coming...

^^ Thanks Frodo!

Nooblette Killer
    Quite a useful tool, however:

As always, ANY ITEMS, are only worth what the 2 people involved in the trade agree they are.

For example: If someone wants to trade away a V. Medic Mask for a V. Engineer's Cap, that's their business.

Not everyone cares about item value. Only the die hard collector.

And yes, TF2 has becomes Craig's List. :/

That damn list is bs.So many people misuse it.

I had a guy saying goggles are worth more that whiskered gent because they came first on the sheet.

TF2-Trade Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by boxor0 View Post
    That damn list is bs.So many people misuse it.

I had a guy saying goggles are worth more that whiskered gent because they came first on the sheet.

Jump to 0:59

Yeah plus it doesnt work anymore... Delete this from sticky...

TF2-Trade Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by starclaws View Post
    Yeah plus it doesnt work anymore... Delete this from sticky...
    Works just fine for me?

Ah I guess I have to request access...

TF2-Trade Mod
    never had to request access for me

Ultimate Killer
    in all honesty, i spend alot of time trading in servers, and a good portion of this list is pretty false. those who consult a spreadsheet in order to know what is a good valued trade are foolish, because like it's been said, values are relative to every person. Now I'm going to give some small examples of how, IF (and only if) the person is TRULY interested in simply value, not interested in hats they want, only what has the highest value, its a bad idea to consult a spreadsheet.
    not trying to insult anyone, but a goode xample of real life "tf2 economy" vs the economy on a spreadsheet is this - the rimmed raincatcher, valued at "1.5" on this spreadsheet has the same value as a dr's dapper topper? you won't get that trade 1:1 unless someone is dying for either hat. not to contradict my earlier statement about relatives, but anyone interested in values shouldnt be looking at a spread sheet. While it IS a game, it does have a working economy that needs to be understood in order to successfully gain "profit" in your backpack. Values of items constantly change. Back when the Halloween update came out, metal had a tremendous value due to the short supply of it, now, metal's price has balanced out, meanwhile hats like the v. Hound dog, Hustler's, Hotrod, Tyrolean, Procedure mask and Whiskered Gentleman have skyrocketed in price (and poly hats dropped).
    point 2, the v. physicians mask is valued at "3", whereas bill's hat is valued at "2.5", which is a complete error considering one of the most common trades for Bill's as of late is a v.v. tyrolean + a v. procedure mask (which, btw, according to this, the vv tyrolean and v. hotrod, two VERY sought after vintage hats have lower values than a majority of the hats that are actually on par with them, such as the hound dog, hustlers hallmark, v. tribionophorus to name a few. AND, according to this spread sheet you should be able to get a v. kabuto or a v. fedora for a vv tyrolean or a v.hotrod, a trade that will never happen (again, ignoring the "want" factor and playing the "value" factor.)). Back to the original statement, why then, if the Procedure mask is supposedly worth more than Bill's, do people pay the v. mask + 1 or even 2 more vintage hats (depending on tier), for Bill's?.
    Also, the v. mask is certainly not worth more than a JuJu, it'd be pushing it to say it's on the same level with the spine-chilling skull.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not sure that this sheet should be stickied.

Loop
    - Snappy: what else
    Toast: i kinda gotta poop.
    Toast:from coffee?
    Snappy: yeah
    Snappy: it a special kinda dump, you feel it coming
    Toast: O.O
    Snappy: and then you're like brb
    Toast: lolol
    Snappy: gonna drop off the kids at the pool
    Toast: idk about you, but i feel all of my poops coming..
    Snappy: yeah
    Snappy: but this is WAY dif
    Toast: O.O

Nooblette Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeperoftheToast View Post
    in all honesty, i spend alot of time trading in servers, and a good portion of this list is pretty false. those who consult a spreadsheet in order to know what is a good valued trade are foolish, because like it's been said, values are relative to every person. Now I'm going to give some small examples of how, IF (and only if) the person is TRULY interested in simply value, not interested in hats they want, only what has the highest value, its a bad idea to consult a spreadsheet.
    not trying to insult anyone, but a goode xample of real life "tf2 economy" vs the economy on a spreadsheet is this - the rimmed raincatcher, valued at "1.5" on this spreadsheet has the same value as a dr's dapper topper? you won't get that trade 1:1 unless someone is dying for either hat. not to contradict my earlier statement about relatives, but anyone interested in values shouldnt be looking at a spread sheet. While it IS a game, it does have a working economy that needs to be understood in order to successfully gain "profit" in your backpack. Values of items constantly change. Back when the Halloween update came out, metal had a tremendous value due to the short supply of it, now, metal's price has balanced out, meanwhile hats like the v. Hound dog, Hustler's, Hotrod, Tyrolean, Procedure mask and Whiskered Gentleman have skyrocketed in price (and poly hats dropped).
    point 2, the v. physicians mask is valued at "3", whereas bill's hat is valued at "2.5", which is a complete error considering one of the most common trades for Bill's as of late is a v.v. tyrolean + a v. procedure mask (which, btw, according to this, the vv tyrolean and v. hotrod, two VERY sought after vintage hats have lower values than a majority of the hats that are actually on par with them, such as the hound dog, hustlers hallmark, v. tribionophorus to name a few. AND, according to this spread sheet you should be able to get a v. kabuto or a v. fedora for a vv tyrolean or a v.hotrod, a trade that will never happen (again, ignoring the "want" factor and playing the "value" factor.)). Back to the original statement, why then, if the Procedure mask is supposedly worth more than Bill's, do people pay the v. mask + 1 or even 2 more vintage hats (depending on tier), for Bill's?.
    Also, the v. mask is certainly not worth more than a JuJu, it'd be pushing it to say it's on the same level with the spine-chilling skull.

Just my 2 cents, I'm not sure that this sheet should be stickied.
    That's the best post I've seen on these forums yet, regarding trades/item value.

No matter what that spreadsheet or ANY person says, ANY items are only worth what the 2 people involved in the trade deem them to be!

Thread Information